Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving and multi-generational vision

This year I have many things to be thankful for. I have two wonderful boys a great husband, supportive parents, the list goes on and on. This year I've been working on accepting God's life for me. I have learned to listen to His guiding voice and be patient and wait for his blessings.



I am also thankful for all the wonderful families and ministries that have touched my life and that of my family.



This past weekend we visited my husband's uncle who had a stroke. It was a small hospital and the lobby and room was full of people who were there to see him, pray for him and his family. The nurses had never seen such a united family with so much love, devotion, and a true desire to serve. His children took turns caring for him, they stayed the night and never left his side. His wife of course never left. Their daughter's brought in food and clothes for their mother.



They were blessed with 14 children and at this trying time their love was evident. As we drove (it is about a 2hr. drive) my husband and I discussed what great vision his uncle had for his family. It was wonderful to see this great patriarch surrounded by his children and grandchild. My husband did not have a great model for a father while growing up, so having his uncle has been such a blessing not only for him but for me also.



We hope that he continues to recover as quickly as he has been.



I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

No comments: