Thursday, January 31, 2008
On a side note I just finished reading Mother. I will have to post a short review. I will just say it was such a great book, it will go on my favorite book list.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Yes, they said that and he chuckled. He then went on to say that many of us promote adoption instead of abortion but that most children stay in orphanages and foster homes.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
On Friday night the whole family (minus married son Nathan) delighted us with music and personal testimonies. Then mom and dad spoke of the great blessing homeschooling is.
On Saturday the conference began with a "Managers of their Homes" seminar for moms. Which was great since I struggle with order in my home. The next seminar was given by both Teri and Steve, and to be honest was my favorite. The title, "Keeping our Children's Hearts". I believe that as Christians this is what we struggle with the most. It is not just about raising good kids, but about keeping their hearts turned toward us until marriage. (Malachi 4:6)
I would recommend any one who has a chance to attend this wonderful conference. I purchased many of their books (some as Christmas gifts with money hubby gave me and others at the conference). I will later post a review on the book "Keeping our Children's Hearts: Our Vital Priority", which promises to be a good one.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
This is my short list :)
Learning to share the hope that is within me (defending the faith)
Cooking (baking especially)
Living a healthy lifestyle
Learning to be a good steward of the gifts the Lord has given me
Reading & Learning
After much thought and prayer I have decided that everything is kind of related into two categories Faith and Family. So that will be my focus. At this point all of my reading is geared towards how to be a better wife and mother. I want to expand that into books on Faith (since I have departed from it since I was a teen and I want to regain all the time lost). I will soon begin writing book and movie reviews pertaining to my growth as a Catholic wife and mother.
I hope you will join me on my journey.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
So here are our short term goals.
Pay off our debt by summer
Have an emergency fund (at least 3 months worth of expenses, if not 6) by the end of summer.
Save for a down payment on a house. (we're hoping to buy a home by the end of the year)
Long term goals
Pay off the house in 15 years (sooner if possible)
Build my husband's business
Live off of my husband's salary, so that I can stay home (we're hoping to do this in 3yrs)
I would welcome any prayer so that we can meet our goals.
The Perez Family
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
Monday, January 7, 2008
- Do 1-2 loads of laundry (depending on availability w/our apt. complex washers)
- Clean 1 shelf in our hall closet (we have two large closets in the hall)
- Clean out fridge (this was a Sat. job but we went w/ hubby to a job site)
- Work on LAF article.
Since I'm at work I won't be able to get to my list until I get home so I will post later on my progress and hopefully completion.
Sunday, January 6, 2008
So to keep me accountable I am posting my menu.
Breakfast is usually cereal, baked oatmeal, waffles, or pancakes w/ milk and fruit.
Lunch-leftovers, soup, sandwich, or Lean cuisine (I got them on sale this week)
Sun. Enchiladas w/ rice
Mon.-Salmon w/ steamed rice and veggies
Tue.-Pork Chops, veggies, homemade rolls
Wed.- Spinach Quesadillas
Thurs.Lasagna (I usually put some spinach with the cheese for added veggie boost)
I usually have a simple tossed salad with our dinner.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Laundry $20 (we rent so we have to use the coin machines)
Utilities (gas, electrical, residential phone) $105
Cable & DSL $105
Household products $20
Car payment (I so regret this purchase) $500
Gas for car $100 (it might be higher since prices are going up)
Insurance for 2 autos $178
Car maintenance & Registration $50
Nanny(my mom watches over the boys when my husband has to work) $200
Debt $500 (this includes small balances on cr. cards, which will be paid off next month, my student loans one of which will be paid in 2 months, and some dental work my husband had done that insurance didn't cover.
So there you have it our budget. If anyone has any tips or suggestions on how to cut down in some areas we would be happy to hear it.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
- Build a better relationship with the Lord. Some things I will be doing is reading the bible so as to finish it by the end of the year. Begining family worship and reflecting on Sunday readings with the family.
- Build a better relationship with my husband, by having daily talks, daily prayer, try and set up a monthly date, and attend an annual retreat.
- Train the children in the way they should go, by finish watching "Raising Godly Children" by the Bradrick family, implement what was learned in "Raising Happy Children...Teach them Virtues, and focus one virtue a week.
- Focus on health, by drinking more water, incorporating more fruits and veggies, take daily multivitamin, lose 30lbs., cook with more organic foods.
- Get our financial health in order. We are working on a budget(this is the most difficult for us, I will post it later), we are trying to get out of debt.
My son just woke up so I must cut this entry short. I will try to add our budget soon. Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Day.