Friday, January 11, 2008

Frugal Friday

I am joining Crystal at Biblical Womanhood for Frugal Friday. I am new to all this frugality, but since I really want to buy a home I need to start and like they say 'every little penny helps'. One thing we began doing at home was unplugging any appliance we would not be using. For example we unplugged the microwave and toaster oven, since we don't use them that often. We also stopped using a night light for the boys and just pulled the curtains back a bit so light from outside could come in. We did this the last three months and the savings were between $5-$10 a months, over a year it could easily be $60-$120. Not much but it is a start.

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

I know there are some things that use power even when they are 'off,' like a microwave with a clock. It's a really smart idea to unplug those.