Sunday, January 6, 2008

Menu Monday

After reading through crystals supermarket course Supermarket Savings I have stuck to making a menu. This has really helped in two ways; one is that I know what's for dinner, which is a time saver and it has helped me by keeping me on track with my budget. Sure it takes some time to plan the menu, make a shopping list, look through the stores' ads, and cut coupons but in the long run it saves you lots of money. Also once you get the hang of it, it isn't that much time.
So to keep me accountable I am posting my menu.

Breakfast is usually cereal, baked oatmeal, waffles, or pancakes w/ milk and fruit.
Lunch-leftovers, soup, sandwich, or Lean cuisine (I got them on sale this week)
Dinner
Sun. Enchiladas w/ rice
Mon.-Salmon w/ steamed rice and veggies
Tue.-Pork Chops, veggies, homemade rolls
Wed.- Spinach Quesadillas
Thurs.Lasagna (I usually put some spinach with the cheese for added veggie boost)
Fri.-Tuna sandwiches
Sat.-Soup

I usually have a simple tossed salad with our dinner.

No comments: